There are two ways to better your team in soccer manager. Either you train your existing team or you purchase players on the transfer. A combination is of course the most common way to improve your overall team on the field. If you click on "transfers" you will see players that are for sale. There are three additional links on this page. If you click "search" you can choose what skills players should have for you to be interested in a particular player. If you find the player that you would like to buy you simply make a bid. This becomes an auction where the highest bid wins when the deadline has passed. If you make a bid within a couple of minutes of the deadline, it will automatically move the deadline a few minutes to allow others to make final bids.
You cannot cancel a bid that is made. Be extra careful to make sure you enter the correct value for the player you want to purchase.
Under the link "your players" you can see the players that you have put on the transfer yourself (to sell). Under "your bids" you find the players you are currently bidding on.
When you sell a player in soccer manager you have to pay taxes if you make a profit. The tax system hits hard on players you have not had in your squad for a long time. The longer you have had them the lower the taxes. The current tax system for transfers in managerzone are as follows:
1. When selling a player within 5 weeks of purchase 95% of the profit is taken as tax.
2. When selling a player within 6-15 weeks of purchase 50% of the profit is taken as tax.
3. When selling a player beyond 15 weeks of purchase 20% of the profit is taken as tax.
4. When you sell a player within 15 weeks of purchase the form of that particular player can be affected negatively.
5. You are only allowed to purchase 2 players from the same club within a 15 week period. You are notified if you try to purchase more from the same club.
6. If you have more than 10 sales within 15 weeks the form of your whole team can be affected negatively.
7. U-21 tax
- When selling a player that is 18 years old 50% of the profit is taken as tax.
- When selling a player that is 19 years old 40% of the profit is taken as tax.
- When selling a player that is 20 years old 30% of the profit is taken as tax.
- When selling a player that is 21 years old the normal transfer tax is taken (20%).
- No tax is taken if the player is sold for less than he is worth.
- If the player is sold from the "motherclub" and his new team decides to sell him the normal transfer tax is taken (When selling a player within 5 weeks of purchase 95% of the profit is taken as tax,
When selling a player within 6-15 weeks of purchase 50% of the profit is taken as tax, When selling a player beyond 15 weeks of purchase 20% of the profit is taken as tax.
In addition there is a maximum profit you can make in one season which is set to 3 MUSD or equivalent in your currency.
Saleprice - the value of the player = profit (must be a positive number).
You can also get this service for your mobile phone so you do not miss any great players.